The Student Planner is more than a homework diary. It is designed to help students to:
- Plan their work
- Manage their time
- Record their achievements and rewards
- Monitor their behaviour
- Review their progress
- Set Targets for improvement
Follow the below steps to ensure the best use of the Student Planner:
- Make sure you always have your planner with you.
- keep all the sections of your planner up to date.
- Ensure that you have your planner out on your desk, every form time and every lesson. This will enable teachers and other members of staff to reward you for the positive behaviours that you display.
- Have your planner signed each week by your parent or carer.
- Ensure that your form tutor checks your planner each week and records the number of rewards that you have achieved and any written warnings that you have been given.
- Use your planner to record homework clearly. It is very important when you write in your homework that you copy what the member of staff writes on the board. This will help you fully understand any tasks that you have to do independently.
- Use your planner as a communication tool between your form tutor, your teachers and your parent/ carers.